Evergrip Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy and confidentiality of all personal data held while complying with relevant data protection legislation. We also endeavour as far as is reasonably practicable, to maintain personal data that is accurate and up to date.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
Identity of the data controller:
Evergrip Limited, Flaxley Road, Selby, United Kingdom, YO8 4BG (company registration number 04186772)
We may collect your personal information:
- that you provide to us when we interact with you in person, by telephone, email, fax, postal mail or when you visit our website, www.evergrip.com
- when we are freely provided with it by a third party for a legitimate business purpose
We do not buy or sell personal data.
What personal data we may collect and process:
- academic or professional status
- position held within a company/business or other entity
- postal address
- email address
- telephone and fax numbers
- whether consent has been given to receive marketing from us
- payment card details. Paper copies of terminal receipts are securely stored and kept for a minimum period as specified by our bank, until their secure destruction. We do not store your card data electronically
- bank details
- credit status reports from third party credit reference agencies, when a credit facility is applied for
- any additional personal information voluntarily provided by you in any form of correspondence with us (e.g. including postal mail, email, website forms)
How we may use this data:
- to produce quotations for goods and services that you are interested in
- to send you products you have ordered from us
- to create appropriate documents to complete transactions between us
- to provide credit account facilities
- to provide technical assistance with application and installation enquiries
- to provide industry information about regulations and good practice
- to inform you of any changes to planned deliveries or other third-party supplier information that may affect our service to you
- to send you information about the products we offer or news about our company
With whom do we share your personal data?
- Payment service providers, such as Global Payments and our Bank
- Our suppliers, in the event of goods and services being delivered or provided to you e.g. drop ship deliveries
- Cloud based automated marketing companies e.g. MailChimp
- Freight companies and couriers that collect from us and deliver our products to you
- Lawyers representing us in the event of a legal claim
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies, if there is a legal obligation to share your data with them for the purposes of e.g. crime prevention or fraud protection
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may transfer your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets once due legal process has concluded
Do we transfer your data outside the UK & European Economic Area (EEA)?
- Sometimes we may transfer personal data to countries outside the EEA. These countries’ data protection laws may not offer the same level of protection for personal data as offered in the EEA under GDPR. In these instances, we will either only provide such data as is necessary to conduct a transaction successfully e.g. an overseas delivery of goods that you have ordered from us, or, in the case of Cloud based services we will check to see that both the provider is located in a compliant country and has systems which provide equivalent protection with European Union data protection law e.g. EU-US Privacy Shield.
Retention of personal data:
- Retention periods for personal data may be defined by both business needs and legal requirements. We will generally retain data for as long as is necessary to provide the services you request. We may retain all transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for any warranty or guarantee arising from the supply of goods or services has expired. We may also need to retain data to comply with any relevant regulatory or legal requirement. When personal data is no longer needed, we may either anonymise the data or securely destroy it.
What is our lawful basis for the use of your personal data?
- By providing your details to us, we can make offers to you for the sale of our goods and services. For the purposes of the GDPR, this defines the lawful basis of processing your data as ‘contract’. Further, we would wish to hold your express consent to allow us to keep in touch with you, through marketing communications. You have a right to withdraw this consent at any time by unsubscribing from email communications or contacting us using the details at the end of this notice.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
- We are committed to protecting personal data from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorised access and destruction and operate a number of safeguards to protect it. These may be physical, electronic or procedural in nature and are used appropriately according to the sensitivity, format, location, quantity, distribution and storage of that data. These methods may include encryption of stored data and of communications via Secure Socket Layer technology, use of firewalls, access controls (e.g. password protection) and up to date IT infrastructure patched with the latest firmware/operating system and application software, alongside business grade internet security software.
Information relating specifically to our website www.evergrip.com (the “site”)
In using the site, you consent to us collecting and processing the following data:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site. This includes information provided at the time of any registration to use the site, subscribing to any service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the site.
We may also at some time in the future, ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Anonymous data with details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer, including operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to any advertisers e.g. Google. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data:
Data that we collect from you on the site may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer and storage. In any event, we will safeguard your data and ensure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Uses made of the information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of partner networks or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your general rights:
- GDPR ensures and extends Individuals’ rights to their personal data in terms of access, rectification, restriction of processing and under qualifying criteria, requests may be made for data to be deleted where there is no lawful reason for its continued processing.
If you have a query, complaint or for more details on how we process your information specifically, or how you may exercise your rights in respect of that data, in the first instance please contact us using the details below. We aim to answer any such query within 30 days of the request.
If we are unable to resolve an enquiry or a complaint, individuals have the right to contact the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our Privacy Notice:
- Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. However, we advise that you check this page regularly to keep up to date with any necessary changes.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to: –
Evergrip Limited, Flaxley Road, Selby, United Kingdom, YO8 4BG
Tel: +44(0)1757 212744 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org